Thursday, January 26, 2012

I love this city

I'm a few days behind on this post, but Kennedy and I had the most fantastic day last week exploring the great city of San Francisco! We started the day with little to no planning: meet at the Powell Street BART station (about halfway between her in Oakland and me in Daly City), find some sushi and do a little shopping!

When Shane and I were in Japantown a few weeks ago, we stumbled across the original sushiboat restaurant, Isobune.  They were packed, so we picked another restaurant that night, but apparently there's a second Isobune downtown, so Kennedy and I ate there! If you're unfamiliar with the sushiboat concept, its where the sushi chefs stand in the center of the bar making various fresh sushi rolls, then they place them on boats that float around the bar for patrons to choose from.  It's really cool to pick your meal that way, plus they do half rolls (4 pieces instead of 8) so they're between $2 and $5 apiece.  They also have a menu of specialty rolls made-to-order if you prefer dining that way.  It was such a cool experience!


After lunch, we wandered the streets shopping.  I was hoping to find something cool and hand-made from one of the street vendor carts, but alas nothing called out to me.  So we continued wandering and decided to head towards Fisherman's Wharf.  WHAT a walk! From Powell Street BART to the Ferry Building is about a mile, then from there to the Wharf is another 2 miles.  Needless to say, we earned the glasses of wine we drank upon our arrival at the Wharf....

SF Ferry Building
Gorgeous view of the Bay Bridge from behind the Ferry Buildling
San Francisco Port Authority
We finally decided we'd had enough San Francisco for the day, so we took a trolley back to the BART station (my first San Francisco trolley ride!).  I was kinda bummed that it wasn't one of those cool old wooden ones (this one was probably from the 50's), but I think Shane probably would have been bummed if I rode one without him ;-)

My first trolley ride!





No comments:

Post a Comment