Monday, January 16, 2012

A great weekend

This. Weekend. Was. Fantastic.

It all began on Friday morning when Shane invited me to come downtown and meet him for lunch! Yes please!! I picked him up from his office and we trekked through the charming streets of SF to The American Grilled Cheese Kitchen! Seriously yum. I'm still amazed that a restaurant which features only one type of sandwich could stay in business, but they are definitely doing it right! Their menu features just a handful of sandwiches, soups, and salads, all of which sound incredible.  Shane and I both started with a bowl of smoky tomato soup, and also both had the Mousetrap sandwich.  Shane opted for adding bacon and jalapenos, while I stuck with the classic.  DELICIOUS!




After lunch, I walked Shane back to work and we stopped for a cup of coffee from a place that Shane has been raving about for weeks.  Now, I certainly enjoy a cup of coffee, but in no way am I a coffee enthusiast like some people are... until now.  Without a doubt the best coffee of my life, thanks to Blue Bottle Coffee.  They have a small hole-in-the-wall location that you would never find unless you knew where to look and they're only open for like 4 hours a day.  Anyways, they do drip coffee and it tastes amazing.  Anyone planning a trip to visit us should put this on their list of must-tastes. 

After coffee, Shane returned to work and I ran some errands downtown, did a bit of shopping, and ended up with these fabulous shoes!


Friday night dinner was Indian takeout (my FAVE) and then we fell asleep watching MSNBC. Heaven :-)

Saturday consisted of a little gym time, leftovers for lunch, and then off to Kennedy & Dan's for dinner! They had a little barbecue with some of their neighbors and invited us over. We had lamb sausage, BBQ chicken, burgers, ribs and a bunch of yummy sides -- we were stuffed! Somehow we saved a little room for dessert: s'mores over their firepit, my fave!! Then we headed to a Karaoke bar in Berkeley to celebrate Dan's birthday (Shane and I are party poopers though and didn't sing lol). 

On Sunday we slept in a bit and then headed to La Corneta (I told you we're suckers for routine!) and then enjoyed a double feature at the movie theatre: Contraband and The Devil Inside Me.  I'd recommend Contraband, but not so much Devil Inside Me (terrible acting and a weak storyline).  Oh, and then I got sushi for dinner.

So yeah, a really great weekend :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment