Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Living in PST, Working in EST

As delighted as I am to be working from home, the Pacific time zone thing is sorta killin me.  For those of you not in-the-know, my Florida boss let me take my job to California until the end of the year, but I'm expected to keep my hours as close to the eastern time zone as possible.  My plan was to get up and log in to my work email at 6:00 a.m. PST (9:00 a.m. EST, which is the schedule I kept in Florida) and then make coffee, make breakfast, and ease into my morning.  Well, work had other plans.  This morning I was awoken at 5:15 a.m. PST (8:15 a.m. EST) with a phone call (which I had to take).  Yuck! Both for me and for Shane!

The up side to this is that by 2:00 p.m. PST my work day is over which leaves me almost the entire afternoon to do with as I please.  I'd like to think that I'll do something fun like take a yoga class, take a long walk with Archie, or do productive things around the house, but more than likely I'll end up taking a big, fat nap. Although, for the forseeable future I'm sure I'll spend it decorating our new place.... :-)

The moving truck arrives tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment