Thursday, May 3, 2012

Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes

Last night, Shane and I saw Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes in concert.

In one word, it was magic.

Shane introduced me to the band when he shared this YouTube video with me (If you don't have the time or patience to watch all 15 minutes of it, I recommend you at least listen to Home -- 5 minutes in):
 I fell in love instantly.

This was, without a doubt, the best concert I have ever been to.  Alex (lead singer) was so charismatic and interacted with the crowd the entire time.  He even sang one song while sitting down in the middle of the pit!

Shane's favorite song from the concert was Up from Below because they kept it going forever with at least 2 interludes. It was beautiful.

My favorite was Om Nashi Me because the entire crowd chanted along and you could feel everyone connecting with the band. It was almost spiritual.

Alex, crowd-surfing
Want more Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes? Go buy their album: Up From Below! They've also got a new album, Here, coming out at the end of the month.  We heard several of these new songs at the concert and they were all AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment