Friday, October 28, 2011

Things I'll miss about my job

So yesterday was my last day in the Tampa office and although I'm keeping this position and working remotely, it still feels like the end.  The day was really nice -- everyone said how much they'll miss me and have enjoyed having me around and my boss took me out to lunch (sushi!).

As much as I've hated the 1 hour 15 minute commute everyday (2.5 hours roundtrip!), I am going to miss it a little. I have compiled a list of the things I will miss, as I say farewell to the Tampa office...

1. Howard Frankland Bridge
  • Gorgeous view of the water
  • On a good day you may find yourself driving with a pelican flying alongside which is super cool 
2. Free lunch
  • Since it's a major regional office, they host a lot of employee trainings here and they always order enough food for the office staff to eat too
3. Coworker Deb
  • Made me delicious ceviche on more than one occasion
  • Left random treats on my desk for no reason
Easter egg!

I named him Fred
  • Owns an adorable basset hound named Merlin and regularly sends me photos of him
  • Made me a carrot cake for my last day in the office :-)
4. My boss (although he worked remotely at least 80% of the time so it's not like I saw him all that much in the office)
  • Adores me and regularly tells me how awesome I am at my job
  • Asked for our new address so he can send us a housewarming present. HE IS SO NICE!

No comments:

Post a Comment